Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFC WORLDLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

about king prithivi narayan shan

Go down 
+2
ZUNK
Naren
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Naren
Good Member
Good Member
Naren

about king prithivi narayan shan Empty
PostSubject: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 1:29 am

about king prithivi narayan shan 180px-Nepal_Prithvi_Narayan_Shah

Prithivi Narayan Shan
Prithvi Narayan Shah, King of Nepal (1723 - 1775 A.D.; Nepali: पृथ्वी नारायण शाह) was a Nepali nobleman. He was the ninth generation descendant of Dravya Shah (1559 - 1570 A.D.), the founder of the ruling house of Gorkha. Prithvi Narayan Shah succeeded his father King Nara Bhupal Shah to the throne of Gorkha in 1743 A.D.

King Prithvi Narayan Shah's successful entry began with the union of Nuwakot, which lies between Kathmandu and Gorkha, in 1744 A.D. After Nuwakot, he took possession of strategic points in the hills surrounding the Kathmandu Valley. The Valley's communications with the outside world were thus cut off. The occupation of the Kuti Pass in about 1756 A.D. stopped the valley's trade with Tibet.

Finally, King Prithvi Narayan Shah entered the Valley, after conquering Kirtipur. Consequently Jaya Prakash Malla of Kathmandu managed to escape with his wife and took asylum in Patan. When the conquest was extended to Patan a few weeks later both Jaya Prakash Malla and the King of Patan, Tej Narsingh Malla, took refuge in Bhaktapur, which was also conquered after some time. Thus King Prithvi Narayan Shah conquered the Kathmandu Valley and made Kathmandu the capital of the Nepal in 1769 A.D. Once the foundation of the Kingdom of Nepal was thus laid, King Prithvi Narayan Shah turned his attention towards the east. The Sena Kingdom of Choudandi was conquered by 1773 A.D. and Vijaypur, another Sena Kingdom was annexed shortly after.

Nepal at that time extended from the Punjab to Sikkim and was almost twice as large in land area as it is today.[1]

King Prithvi Nārāyaṇ Shah had sealed his border and maintained peaceful but distant relations with the British, refusing to trade with them. He died before he could effectively organize the administration of his new country. He died in January, 1775 A.D. at the age of 52. Upon his death, Prithvi Nārāyaṇ was succeeded by his son, Pratāp Singh Shah. Paush 27th (somewhere around January 11th), the King's birthday, is celebrated in Nepal as Rastriya Ekta Diwas (Unity day).
Back to top Go down
ZUNK
ADMIN
ADMIN
ZUNK

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 1:42 am

great info.........bro.....now he is crying in the condition of nepal.......
Back to top Go down
joinunme2
joinunme2

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:22 am

excuse me ! but i think this information didn't take any values in this society coz nobody want to talk about king.....this is the age of president not king..
Back to top Go down
ZUNK
ADMIN
ADMIN
ZUNK

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:50 am

ya ur rite but we don't have to forgot our past............so once rem.........dont think about more..........just just recall the history of country.............as we call now NEPAL
Back to top Go down
|>|?\-/|\/|-]§)-(
ADMIN
ADMIN
|>|?\-/|\/|-]§)-(

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:10 am

joinunme2 wrote:
excuse me ! but i think this information didn't take any values in this society coz nobody want to talk about king.....this is the age of president not king..
lol..

the time of king has changed but we shouldnot forget the histroy. He is the real hero of NEPAL and we should respect him.

And talking about the post , we can post any informative post here in general talk. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZUNK
ADMIN
ADMIN
ZUNK

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:15 am

yes ur rite dude..............

everybody know the "VIR gurkhakali" whatever the condition of Nepal is being ...........

but everybody rem our past......!!!!
Back to top Go down
p$y(h0s0uL
Special Member
Special Member
p$y(h0s0uL

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:15 pm

History is a mistery... The Nepal we are living now is the contribution of Gr8 Kings. IF he hadn't thought of re-uniting the small state then there won't be any country named Nepal and the army's (Gurkhali) wouldn't be famous through out the world. Now the country is ruled by President doesn't mean that we should forget the history and destroy the historical incidents and all the memory. They are the greatest hero of the nation so they should be respected for wat they hav done for our country.

Thanks!!!
Ciao.
Back to top Go down
ZUNK
ADMIN
ADMIN
ZUNK

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Now pshyco is also telling the fact.

Thanks..........
Back to top Go down
p$y(h0s0uL
Special Member
Special Member
p$y(h0s0uL

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:46 am

LoLx Zunk.... i always do that. I just speak the truth. i can't see truth burried by fake things.
and u've got something wrong in ur post. My name is p$y(h0s0uL........ lolololololzzzzzz spelling mistake. Wink

Thanks!!!
Ciao.
Back to top Go down
ZUNK
ADMIN
ADMIN
ZUNK

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Sorry p$y(h0s0uL , somebody........means alot to his name...... ya there is everything in name..........

Hope u dont mind.............
Back to top Go down
p$y(h0s0uL
Special Member
Special Member
p$y(h0s0uL

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:04 am

nope i don't mind.... why should i? was just jk.

Thanks!!!
Ciao.
Back to top Go down
ZUNK
ADMIN
ADMIN
ZUNK

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Ok man........jus kidding ............

THanks..........dude...........hope to c u around..........
Back to top Go down
Nix
Nix

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:51 am

p$y(h0s0uL wrote:
History is a mistery... The Nepal we are living now is the contribution of Gr8 Kings. IF he hadn't thought of re-uniting the small state then there won't be any country named Nepal and the army's (Gurkhali) wouldn't be famous through out the world. Now the country is ruled by President doesn't mean that we should forget the history and destroy the historical incidents and all the memory. They are the greatest hero of the nation so they should be respected for wat they hav done for our country.

Thanks!!!
Ciao.

i agree wid u....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: about king prithivi narayan shan   about king prithivi narayan shan Empty

Back to top Go down

about king prithivi narayan shan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Section :: General Talk-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com